Wednesday 20 July 2016

Coptic bookbinding attempt

A bit more book binding this week - this time using proper bookbinding stitches. I have always admired the exposed spine books that are all the rage but was too intimidated to give it a go. Last week I bought a little notebook by Kate Bowles as I was needing something to cheer myself up. When it arrived I was so enamoured of the beautiful stitching that it encouraged me to try myself. Kate has nothing to worry about as my stitching isn't a patch on hers but I really did enjoy making it and I now have a little 8x3 inch notebook to use for my work notes. The paper is from an old pad of K & Company paper. I added some hand painted elastic in green and cream and made a thread wrapped button specially for it in matching colours.




No comments: