Wednesday 27 April 2011

Partiality

I can't believe that it has been two months since I last posted anything. I wish I could say that I had been very creative during that time but that has been the problem - I haven't. I signed up for an Open University course on Greek Mythology and, along with some large bead commissions, that's all I have been doing. I overestimated the amount of time I had to work on a university level course so steam has been coming off my computer keyboard as I researched and typed.

I did manage to TRY and be creative. Unfortunately that means I have loads of unfinished projects on the go.

An unfinished notepad.


Unfinished new bead designs.


Another unfinished notepad. (Do you see a pattern evolving along the lines of notepads?)


Unfinished drawings.


Unfinished pushpins.


More unfinished beads.



Unfinished pompoms. (Not sure what I'm going to use them for but the Clover pompom makers are great fun.)


An unfinished sock on my sock loom.


Unfinished embroidery.


Unfinished lucet cords.


Unfinished spring themed cards.


In fact, in two months I have only finished one thing - a tag. With the lack of creativity in my life I was getting grumpy. So I managed to make myself a little tag reminding me - Don't be crabby - Live life and be content.


My course is drawing to a close in the next few weeks so I hope that normal transmission will resume soon. As it is I already have some new bead designs that I have added to my Etsy store so I'll be posting images of them next.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Hi Gillian. Welcome back! This post made me laugh because I have a ton of unfinished projects going on right now too. But how great that we both have so many choices of what to do next!!