Friday 13 August 2010

New gadget

I am currently sitting in my sister's house while she is away in Greece sunning herself. Her dogs needed a dog sitter so I obliged - who could say no to those gorgeous, brown doggie eyes. Unfortunately there has been very little work getting done. With all my stuff back at home I never have what I need when I need it. I did get some sneaky craft shopping done though - new distress ink, pearlised watercolours, craft sticks to decorate and collage sheets. Yeah!

Anyway, while surfing the web I came across a new widget for Etsy that can be used on blogs and web sites. It is called Pocket Shop, has been produced by Craft Cult and is endorsed by Etsy so I had to have a play with it. It is so simple to set up. Just type in your Etsy user name, choose a theme and, hey presto, you have a widget for your Etsy store. What makes it different from Etsy's own widget is that it also gives info on who hearts your store, previous sales and the feedback left by customers as well as what is for sale in your store. So with the click of a mouse button you have access to a store's basic information. Mine is on the right hand side of the blog here. It looks quite nice and I love that people can see recent feedback. Feedback is a great guide to the shopping experience with a seller. Now the question is whether it will generate any extra sales.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Hey Gillian. I recently discovered this too and added it to my blog. I like how it looks and as you say, it provides so much info without ever having to click over to Etsy.