Tuesday 28 April 2009

Happy International Charm Day 2009

I spent two days working on the charms above. They range from heat melted and soldered pieces (and yes I did burn myself with the soldering iron) to beaded and jewelled ones. It was great fun to try something different again and I spent alot of time looking through blogs finding new inspiration. Some worked out better than others - the pieces made from chopped up CD are hideous but far be it from me to not show the uglies as well as the pretties. I used buttons for the first time and was rather pleased by the way they came out. Tiny Christmas tree light bulbs that were sitting in a jar became charms with that distressed look - i.e. the soldering didn't work out so well. All in all it was fun.

I also signed up with Lorraine at Love of Collage for a small charm swap - my first, if I am one of the lucky chosen ones. Keep your fingers crossed.

6 comments:

deb said...

What gorgeous charms. thanks for sharing.

cr8it said...

What inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Your charms are lovely. Thanks for sharing them with all of us.

Jody

visionquest2020@msn.com

Seth said...

I love your willingness to try out different techniques and stretch your artistic repetoire. Very inspriring!

Lorraine said...

your charms are superb and thanks so much for linking to my blog..I will email you shortly for your address

Debbie / Prairie Emporium said...

Gillian, Looks like you have been having fun. All of your charms are lovely. Your name attracted me to your blog. My maiden name is McMurry, when my relatives came to the US the A was dropped. I invite you to stop by my blog and visit sometime. I am so glad I found yours, I have loved looking around. Debbie