Wednesday 18 February 2009

Heavenly rottweiler and co.




My recent purchase of Inkadinkado's Dog's Life stamps brought a wonderful surprise with it. One of the stamps is a Rottweiler with angel wings. Those who have been reading my blog for a little while will remember that my sister had a Rottie called Stanley. He is wonderful. Like many people I was wary of Rottweilers. I never thought they were the demons they were portrayed by the media but, still, I felt they might be short tempered. As a pup Stanley was nuts. He paid no attention to anyone and bounced around like a rubber ball. However, he had his first birthday last week and has mellowed beautifully. So I was very happy to find a rubber stamp of a Rottie in a packet of rubber stamps that were mainstream. I had to make something so fridge magnets were the order of the day. A scrap of matt board, hand painted paper and black ink made the base. I added detail of the ginger fur with coloured pencil then used copper tape around the edge. A coat or three of Diamond Glaze added gloss and durability. The final step was a bit of magnetic strip and some Pebeo Metallic Touch dots.

As it happened there was also a stamp in the set like my sister's other dog, Oz. Being a silhouette stamp and Oz being black I didn't have to do much. A little flick of a paintbrush with white acrylic gave the dog Oz's trademark white chest flash and some aluminium tape toned in with the blue background.

I wrapped them up in a little handmade white card box, stamped with another Dog's Life stamp and gave them to my sister.

4 comments:

Seth said...

I am certain that she loved this thoughtful gift!

Elizabeth Golden said...

Great gift! I love Rotties. Such smart dogs. I use to raise and show them back in the day. Stanley is a beauty. Love the stamp and what you were able to do with it.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh, I need that stamp. We have a rottie...he's the sweetest boy.

Wabbit said...

Stanley and Oz are cuties. He has such a happy face. I always wonder how people can force them to be so mean when they are so roly poly cute as pups and have those big happy grins as grown dogs.