Friday 20 June 2008

Tales from a forgotten time

















Things have been rather quiet on the creative front this week. My Grandmother took ill so I have been helping her out and my Dad has been having tests at hospital. Hectic and busy are the most suitable terms for life right now. I have made a few cards though - three father's day cards, a folded envelope and a miscellaneous monstrosity. The African style card and envelope were inspired by the old colonial type tales made famous by H.Rider Haggard and Edgar Rice Burroughs. The envelope and background paper is 8x8 inch vintage map scrapbook paper. For the two cute cards I used copier paper to make dry embossed paper using Fiskars Texture Plates. Noisy but fun and effective.





1 comment:

Seth said...

Love the folded envelope. Hope your grandmother feels better soon.