Friday 27 June 2008

Rain again

It has rained for days here - grey and miserable. However it did not stop me from having a bit of fun. I love to walk in the rain. To me it is really living - feeling the rain trickling down my back, hair soaked and grinning like a Cheshire cat. I think it is my non-conformist side. Most people dislike the rain and to them walking in it resembles insanity. For me it feels like I am kicking out a little, mainly because the neighbours think I am nuts. Which is fine by me. A little nuttiness is a good thing as far as I see it.

Anyway, during my walk I was on the lookout for toads. On wet summer nights toads are often found sitting in the road here. On many occasions I have rescued toads from an untimely death under the wheels of some local yahoo in his or her car. But last night there was no sign of any. Today was as wet as yesterday and tonight I opened the door to find a teeny little froglet stuck to my front door. It was about 3/4 inch in size and ever so cute (for a frog). Unfortunately one of its back legs seemed to be causing it problems. I took it off the door and place it on the doorstep and it hopped off to the darkness. What makes this incident unusual is the fact that I have never seen any frogs around here. That is not to say there have never been any - just that I have not seen any. I can't help but wonder if this little guy had been caught by a predator and dropped near my door. The jury is out on whether or not he has had a lucky escape.
The picture was taken from my front garden last night after heavy rainfall. The rainbow was really luminous. However, despite the end of it being just down the road I couldn't find the pot of gold.

4 comments:

Seth said...

Beautiful image of the rainbow. And your love of the rain is inspiring!

Karen M Schmidt said...

Wow, wonderful photo of the rainbow!

Wait a second ... this is the view from your garden? I'm quite envious!

I've been reading your blog for a while now ... I love your imaginative creations ... and your animal pictures ... beautiful!

Wabbit said...

Lovely view, even if it is a bit damp. It's as dry here in Arizona as it is damp there.

Candace said...

What a great photo of the rainbow. I love the rain as well and hope one day soon to walk in it in your part of the world. I stop by and read your posts often, it's wonderful to see someone who loves art and nature.

Candace