Wednesday 7 May 2008

Stumped








These little guys are my first attempt at stumpwork. They are 1.5cm (less than 3/4 of an inch) long and consist of a padded body (felt that is then embroidered in satin stitch) and a set of wire and fabric wings. I used to embroider quite often but it is not something that I have done for a while. It was very relaxing. But, as the old story goes, there are so many things to do and so little time to do them all.

I have also added pictures of a little inchie book and a card topper using my own design and cut out. The inchie book has been work in progress for some time. I painted the papers as an experiment. Then I made a cover for it and kept it for something special. But I have recently seen people storing inchies in these little hand made books so I thought that should be the purpose for mine.

3 comments:

Candace said...

Wow. I love love love these little artworks. Gillian, these are amazing. I love miniature anything but am just now getting into trying them. Your blog is so nice, very colorful and practical too. (Aesop is a hoot!)

Thumbs up,
Candace

mcdc3s said...

OH, those little ladybugs are adorable! I've never heard of stump work!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi, I'm over from Maggie's blog. Oh my, you have patience ... and talent. Cute and very delicate.